More about Our Readers
- Our reader research reveals that CTExplored’s audience is highly educated and affluent. The median age of our readers is 49, two-thirds have at least a college degree, and one-third of CTExplored’s subscribers live in towns with average household incomes greater than $100,000.
- Age and affluence drive how and where our readers spend money. Market data suggests that CTExplored’s audience is far more likely to travel, attend cultural events, own investments, spend on significant home improvements, and purchase luxury items.
- CTExplored has grown beyond its core Greater Hartford audience to engage readers in every town in Connecticut, which provides our advertisers with expanded opportunities and greater reach.
- Our subscriber base is loyal and growing. In our 11th year of publication, we reach 3,700 subscribers whose high renewal rate demonstrates their loyalty.
- We reach an additional 1,300 households chosen from among the donor and member lists of Connecticut’s premier cultural institutions—a constituency you can’t reach through any other publication.
- The remaining copies of our print run are sold at museum shops and bookstores, or distributed via special partnerships with arts and culture organizations
- Over the course of a year, our print run of 6,000 copies reaches 25,000 affluent, well-educated, culturally-oriented readers.